CBAFF Young Achiever Award
Win an all expenses paid trip to Fiji and $1,500 spending money!
Stand out from the crowd and showcase your talents to others within your company and industry!
Fiji Airways, Independent Verification Services and WiseTech Global join CBAFF in an effort to recognise a young person who is a high achiever within his/her chosen field in the customs broking/freight forwarding/international freight logistics industry and has the desire and skills to further themselves and their career.
To be eligible for the award, the nominee must:
- Currently work within the Freight Forwarding / Custom Broking industries
- Must be under the age of 30 as at 31 March 2019.
- Currently be employed by a company which is a Business member of CBAFF
- Be a Citizen or Permanent Resident of New Zealand
- Submit an application form and describe export/import processes
The winner receives:
- An all expenses paid trip to Fiji to meet agents and view an airport in operation including
- NZ$1,500 spending money
- IVS training courses to the value of $4,000 for the recipient (to be taken before 30 June of the following year)
- Complimentary attendance at the Annual CBAFF Conference in the year following the Award. The winner will be asked to present a summary of their report and findings from the trip to Singapore.
- Automatic nomination for the FIATA Young International Freight Forwarder of the Year Award.
- ‘Young Achiever Award’ Plaque
- Recognition for the winners employer
- Complementary attendance at the Annual CBAFF Conference Dinner for the announcement of the winner and award presentation
- Return flights to the Annual CBAFF Conference destination
- One night’s accommodation at the Annual CBAFF Conference venue
A judging panel will comprise of a representative from:
- Customs Brokers and Freight Forwarders Federation of NZ Inc.
- Fiji Airways
- NZ Maritime School – Manukau Institute of Technology
- Independent Verification Services
- WiseTech Global
The judging panel will consider the report and conduct an interview of each applicant. All applicants will be required to attend the interview at their own expense.
2018 - Award not run
2017 - Phil Burgess, Bernard International
2016 - Kayla McKelvie, Oceanbridge Shipping
2015 - Bridget Tapper, Geodis Wilson
2014 - Renee Conroy, CEVA Logistics (NZ) Limited
2013 - Olivia Kinnane, Oceanbridge Shipping
2012 - Award not run
2011 - No Winner
2010 - Matthew Archer, Oceanbridge Shipping
2009 - Lisa Jensen, UTi New Zealand Limited
2008 - Michael Wilson, Agility Logistics Limited
2007 - Olivia Kinnane, Oceanbridge Shipping
2006 - Nick Philp, Cunningham Gill Limited
2005 - Matthew Naylor, Schenker (NZ) Ltd
2004 - Hadley Page, UTi New Zealand Limited
2003 - No Winner
2002 - Simone Jarman, Pacific Gate Logistics Limited
2001 - Wade Brown