Young Achiever Award
Win a trip to Singapore and a Leadership Management Course!
Stand out from the crowd and showcase your talents to others within your company and industry!
Singapore Airlines Cargo PTE Ltd, Leadership Management Australasia and WiseTech Global join CBAFF in an effort to recognise a young person who is a high achiever within his/her chosen field in the customs broking/freight forwarding/international freight logistics industry and has the desire and skills to further themselves and their career.
Download report requirements here: 2017 Young Achiever Award Report Requirements
To be eligible for the award, the nominee must:
- Currently work within the Freight Forwarding / Custom Broking industries
- Must be under the age of 30 as at 31 March 2017.
- Currently be employed by a company which is a Business member of CBAFF
- Be a Citizen or Permanent Resident of New Zealand
- Submit an application form and describe export/import processes
The winner receives:
- An all expenses paid trip to Singapore, including $1,500 spending money, to meet agents and view an airport and seaport in operation.
- A Leadership Management Australasia course
- Complimentary attendance at the Annual CBAFF Conference in the year following the Award. The winner will be asked to present a summary of their report and findings from the trip to Singapore.
- Automatic nomination for the FIATA Young International Freight Forwarder of the Year Award.
- ‘Young Achiever Award’ Plaque and more
- Recognition for the winners employer
- Complementary attendance at the Annual CBAFF Conference Dinner for the announcement of the winner and award presentation
- Return flights to the Annual CBAFF Conference destination
- One night’s accommodation at the Annual CBAFF Conference venue
A judging panel will comprise of a representative from:
- Customs Brokers and Freight Forwarders Federation of NZ Inc.
- Singapore Airlines Cargo PTE Ltd
- NZ Maritime School – Manukau Institute of Technology
- Leadership Management Australia
- WiseTech Global
The judging panel will consider the report and conduct an interview of each applicant. All applicants will be required to attend the interview at their own expense.
2016 - Kayla McKelvie, Oceanbridge Shipping
2015 - Bridget Tapper, Geodis Wilson
2014 - Renee Conroy, CEVA Logistics (NZ) Limited
2013 - Olivia Kinnane, Oceanbridge Shipping
2011 - No Winner
2010 - Matthew Archer, Oceanbridge Shipping
2009 - Lisa Jensen, UTi New Zealand Limited
2008 - Michael Wilson, Agility Logistics Limited
2007 - Olivia Kinnane, Oceanbridge Shipping
2006 - Nick Philp, Cunningham Gill Limited
2005 - Matthew Naylor, Schenker (NZ) Ltd
2004 - Hadley Page, UTi New Zealand Limited
2003 - No Winner
2002 - Simone Jarman, Pacific Gate Logistics Limited
2001 - Wade Brown